Violence can have different perspectives. For example, the way people play video games and how violence actually is in the real world are different but yet they are they same. This is so, because games are just games but people may get ideas from those games to act upon it in real life. This is related to the cultivation theory. Violence is in TV shows because the audience wants to see it. This is because it keeps them interested in watching these programs.
I agree with you about violence being in TV shows because the audience wants to watch it. A lot of people like the action movie or TV shows that do show violence. I mean there are not a lot of TV shows now that don't portray violence in one way or another. Violence is portrayed dramatically in video games. For example in Grand Theft Auto, you can run people over and run form the cops without any consequences, when in reality you would be sent to jail.
ReplyDeleteI would agree with what you said. Some people get ideas from the different types of games out there, it just depends on the person. I would also agree with the fact that audience wants the violence so shows put violence in the plot.
ReplyDeleteI like your article. I agree that we see violence like we see it in video games as real life so we fear violence more. Yes some of that stuff does happen but not as often as our minds thinks it does.
ReplyDelete